Carpets are terrific home investments, only if they’re properly taken care of. Here’s how.
Check your carpet’s colourfastness
Colourfast carpet does not fade, bleed or change even when it’s being cleaned. However, its colour can change depending on your cleaning methods or the products used. To test colourfast quality, you can follow these steps:
- Find an unused carpet of the same quality you’re using now and vacuum it.
- Apply a stain remover or cleaning agent a piece of cloth.
- Cover the carpet scrap with the cloth for at least an hour and then blot with a dry, white cloth.
If the white cloth gets stained, try using other cleaning products until you find one that does not make the carpet dye bleed.
Remove stains promptly
Always treat the stained area immediately. The longer the stain stays, the harder it is to remove. Don’t use sharp objects to remove solid spills; use a spoon or a dull knife instead. Remember to use detergent products sparingly, and only use recommended spot removers.
Then again, you can guarantee great results and zero damages by hiring carpet cleaning specialists in Perth. They’ll make sure the material won’t change into a paler colour, which is bad news. They’ll also ensure that the products used are safe to the environment and your family.
With that said…
Hire a Cleaning Pro
It’s always best to leave the task to professionals, as each type of carpet has specific needs. Depending on the material, experts in carpet cleaning from Perth may use steam, dry extraction or water extraction methods, among others. What’s more, they’ll clean upholstery, tiles, rugs, and mattresses. Further, proper care and round-the-year maintenance from experts ensures the following:
- Prolonging carpeting life
- Keeping the carpet’s warranty
- Improving indoor air quality
- Easier carpet maintenance
- Preventing the build-up of germs and allergens
- Boosting your room’s design and appearance
- Ensuring your family’s wellbeing
- Maintaining great property value when selling or moving house
Handling other carpet issues
What if your carpet is hiding nasty bugs and dust mites? Take advantage of pest control services in Gold Coast for emergency riddance. Moving house? Obtain professional home removals in Sydney handle the carpeting. They’ll roll and pack it carefully to avoid damage while en-route to the new address. If you’re worried about water and flood damage, carpet cleaning professionals can also effectively take care of them.